1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Sock yarn, lace, and alpaca: Lorna's Laces, Cherry Tree Hill, Plucky Knitter, Yarn Chef, Misti Alpaca are among my favorite brands. I dislike novelty yarns.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? A DellaQ pouch for my circs and a friend made a needle roll for my dpns.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? Self-taught in 2003 but jumped right into the deep end with socks & fair isle. At this point, my skills are considered advanced and, occasionally, I have the opportunity to teach others how to improve their abilities and passion for knitting.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Loopy Ewe
5. What's your favorite scent? Grapefruit, Lemongrass, anything citrus
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Yes, a sweet 'n salty tooth, actually. Favorite candy? Take 5, Mr. Goodbar anything chocolate w/ nuts or w/ fruit.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I like to make cards, play with rubber stamps, and occasionally sew. Do you spin? No...I'm afraid it would cut into my knitting time.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I have strong feelings about sharing music but would be happy to fill my pal in as to likes if asked.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? My favorites are blues, preferably Robin's egg or turquoise. I can't stand rusts and golds.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? 1 Hubby, 2 daughters and 1 dog.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? LONG scarves, hats and mittens in the winter. Never, never, never a poncho.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Socks, cowls, stoles/shawls, sweaters/vests.
13. What are you knitting right now? Socks and a vest.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? It depends
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Addi circs
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes, both.
17. How old is your oldest UFO? 3 months
18. What is your favorite holiday? St. Nicholas
19. Is there anything that you collect? Shaun the Sheep
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? Cookie A, Anne Hanson, and Ron Schweitzer/Yarns International patterns What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Interweave Knits
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Double knitting
22. Are you a sock knitter? Habitually What are your foot measurements? Women's US11...10.625" length, 9.25 circumference
23. When is your birthday? Feb 28th
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? Rav ID: Krafty1